You may have seen some cabinets in your home, but you’re not sure what’s so good about them. The best way to find out is by asking someone who has used them for a long time. If that’s not possible, here are some tips on how to find the best quality kitchen cabinets:
Check the materials of the cabinets
When shopping for kitchen cabinets, it’s important to consider the materials and construction of the cabinets. Wood is more expensive than laminate or granite but can last longer. Laminate is cheaper but can chip or scratch easier. Granite is expensive but can chip or scratch much harder than wood.
To help determine which material would be best for your needs, it helps to know how each type of material will hold up over time and whether or not they are durable enough for heavy use in a kitchen environment (cooking).
Find out who made them
- Look for a reputable manufacturer.
- Ask the manufacturer if they have any awards or certifications.
- Look for a manufacturer that has a warranty.
- Look for a manufacturer specialising in kitchen cabinets, as this will mean they know what they’re doing to make the best quality kitchen cabinets that can withstand wear and tear over time (and maybe even some abuse).
Make sure they are installed correctly
- Check for gaps at the corners.
- Check for gaps between cabinets.
- Check for gaps between doors and frames.
- Check for gaps between doors and hinges.
- Check that there are no gaps in any of these areas: Door face/drawer faces; Hinges (the metal piece that holds your door open); Door jamb or frame; Drawer casing; Cabinet panelling or moulding.
Look for details such as light rails and crowns
Crown moulding is a detail that makes a kitchen look elegant. It’s important for aesthetics but also to keep the cabinets in place. Light rails are another detail that can add beauty and functionality to your kitchen and safety for those who use their space regularly.
A common misconception about crown moulding is that it prevents you from seeing behind the wallboard or underneath your cabinets; that isn’t true! Crown moulding goes up over ceiling joists and meets with beams at intervals. Hence, there’s plenty of room between them so you can see through both vertically (upwards) and horizontally (laterally).
You can find the best quality kitchen cabinets that look great and last for years with a little effort and research
Finding the right kitchen cabinet for your home is a lot like finding a good pair of shoes. The first step is to start with an excellent design, followed by the right materials and installation. You should also look for details such as light rails and crowns, which can make all the difference in how your cabinets hold up over time. And never forget quality over quantity!
When you’re looking at the best quality kitchen cabinets, there are so many options. It can be difficult to know what to look for, but if you follow the tips above and make sure that the company that made your cabinets has an excellent reputation and history of quality, then you should be able to find some great options that will last a lifetime!