It can be a hospital or a healthcare clinic – they are both indispensable when one has an illness and there is a need for emergency treatments.
A commonplace notion one has about hospitals and clinics is these dreary places that smell of strong disinfectants and medicines all the time.
These often bring a depressing mood to the mind of a patient even before they have stepped into one for treatment reasons.
The décor of a healthcare clinic and the hospital is equally important in giving that much-needed lift to the already bogged down spirits of a sick person.
Hospitals And Its Floors
If you consider the different parts of a hospital building there is a unique requirement for each segment; this also determines the nature of design and planning of the rooms, the kind of furniture and medical equipment needed and also the presence of specialized personnel and staff needed for that department.
This also calls for a specific type of flooring that would be suitable for that department and its nature of work along with a good design and colour scheme to bring an element of aesthetic appeal to the décor of the place.
- Operation theatres
- Patient rooms
- Clinical test rooms
- Doctors chambers
- Nurse stations
- Equipment and supplies rooms
These are some of the areas of a hospital that comes with their individual requirement for floors that are durable and capable of withstanding the pressures of maintaining a hygienic environment.
So, what are the different health care flooring solutions needed at different points of a hospital that can bring about an eclectic blend of artistic design options and durable surfaces?
- If you think of the entry and the reception area there is a huge footfall of people on a daily basis which calls for a sturdy and pressure withstanding material that can be the use of natural stone or even wood; however, an element of colour and design would be an uplifting experience for all those who walk in.
- The individual rooms and the dormitories are where the patients are rested in between their treatment procedures and tests. The floors here need to be clean and disinfected periodically which is why a flooring of waterproof vinyl or linoleum, stone and wooden laminate would be perfect. These should be included in shades that are warm and cozy making the interiors comfortable.
- The operation theatres and other rooms for tests are very critical in the nature of work carried out within them. These need thorough cleaning several times in a day and thus need to be natural stone or tiles that will be able to withstand chemical cleaners and disinfectants.
- Corridors and bathrooms are equally critical areas of a hospital that needs careful flooring options. Corridors see a lot of movements in terms of patients or even medical equipment and supplies. Bathrooms have patients using them who are often fragile and unmindful. Both these floors should be anti-slip and less smooth in their surface texture to avoid slippery floors.
Contemporary Flooring Options
The days of stone flooring and the use of tiles are long past; there are several modern and useful options available nowadays that are both lasting and visually appealing.
- Luxury Vinyl floor tiles
- Wooden laminates
- Resin flooring
- Rubber flooring
These are available in a wide range of designs and are quick and easy to install. They can withstand all kinds of cleaning methods and are also capable of withstanding footfalls.