After giving it quite some thought and investing a good amount of money, you have installed hardwood flooring in Sydney with expert help. The new glossy look of the wooden floor will enhance the entire aesthetic value of your place. It provides a great warmth, which actually attracts you to come back home every day from work.
But with the classic and timeless beauty of hardwood floors comes a lot of maintenance. Even though these floors will be brilliant, but they have to be maintained from time to time if you don’t want to end up messing your investment. Some simple tricks and tips will actually help you to maintain the longevity of the hardwood flooring for a long time. So, let’s get on with the services.
Make sure to clean the spills immediately:
Always use a slightly damp or completely dry cloth for wiping up anything if it spills immediately. Don’t go for the steam or the wet mops, which will cause more damage than good to the Sydney hardwood flooring.
- As wood swells and shrinks under moisture, it will force the board to crack. So, keep steam and wet mops away from the floors if you want to maintain their longevity.
- Moreover, moisture from the spills will also be pretty hard on the wooden planks will end up gapping or splitting the wood. Immediately sweeping the spill will prevent such scenarios from taking place.
- On the other hand, try to keep the interior temperature of your room between 60 and 80 degrees F. And also, don’t wear wet shoes inside the house.
Always use furniture pads:
With the hardwood flooring, there is always the chance of scratches. Now, it is one of the toughest points you need to cover. If you have pets at home or hyperactive kids, you can control it to some extent, but not much.
- Even though some of the scratches are pretty inevitable, others are going to be preventable.
- You can start using furniture pads for covering the legs of sofas, chairs and tables.
- So, when you are moving furniture from one place to another, at least the floors won’t get hurt!
Dust or sweep on a daily basis:
Yes, it might seem a bit excessive at first, but even with a no-shoe rule, dust and dirt start to accumulate at every corner of the hardwood flooring. It is true, especially if your house is located in a busy neighbourhood and you have cars passing your house every single time of the day.
- So, dusting or sweeping on a daily basis has become a necessity nowadays.
- It helps in lowering your work pressure to a great extent. It is always better to clean little by little every day rather than dumping all the work for a day to cover!
- Moreover, if you have furry friends around your house, regular dusting becomes a necessity.
So, if you are looking for the best ways to maintain hardwood flooring, these steps will actually work out in brilliant ways for you.