Renovating a bathroom will definitely increase the value of your property and provide your family with a fresh space to enjoy. But before you plan to renovate, you have to demolish old components inside your bathroom and create space for the new products to add. Learning about the bathroom demolition cost beforehand is a good call in here, especially when you have a tight budget and want to make everything work.
There are multiple factors, which will determine the final cost of the bathroom. However, it is important to know more about the experts who will cover the task on your behalf. Furthermore, the space that you want to demolish and the area in the square foot will determine the expensive or cheap demolition cost.
The average price:
It is really hard to pinpoint a particular bathroom demolition cost, but an average rate will help you to move forward from there. The national average price will be somewhere around $500 to $2000. This is the average price of all types of bathroom renovation services, fully combined.
- The cost of bathroom demolition varies quite a bit, and there are various factors involved in that.
- You can estimate the cost by determining the work that needs to be done and then tallying up the average cost of every job.
- It will help you to get a relatively accurate estimate of how much the cost will be, no matter whatever the remodelling amount you plan to cover.
- For example, if you are planning to replace the bathtub, you can easily pay anywhere between $70 and $140 to get the item removed.
- On the other hand, if you have a bathroom, which needs to be demolished entirely, then the bathroom demolition cost can range from $500 to $2000. In some cases, it can be even more than the $2000 benchmark.
For the hourly rates:
Some contractors might decide to price their demolition work, depending on how long it will take to finish the job and not on the specified task they are assigned. On an average scale, it will take anywhere between 5 to 15 hours to completely gut out a bathroom manually.
- The time that it will take to demolish your bathroom depends on its size and the types of materials in it.
- In case there are leads of asbestos present, the experts have to handle the case carefully and dispose of them in the proper manner, depending on local environmental regulations.
- Such tasks can be lengthy, and the bathroom demolition cost will increase with time.
- On the other hand, if any unforeseen complication arises in the middle of the job, then that will, unfortunately, extend the timeline, which will result in extra payments.
So, catching up with a professional team is a must. They will determine a quote for bathroom demolition cost after checking out the condition of the place. If the place is too big and a lot of work needs to be done, be prepared to spend a good amount of money on the demolition process.