The popularity of flat pack cabinets Sydney amongst new homeowners is understandable. But, cabinet shoppers must consider these details before getting flat pack cabinets.
Homeowners who have been researching about kitchen remodelling processes must’ve come across flat pack cabinets Sydney. These ready-to-go and affordable cabinets have taken the kitchen appliance market by storm. For homeowners who can’t afford to employ world-class cabinet makers, flat pack cabinets offer time-efficient and budget-friendly solutions.
What are Flat Pack Kitchen Cabinets?
Mass-manufactured cabinets are ready to be installed right from the time they leave the store. Custom cabinets are built by cabinet makers inside the homeowner’s kitchen. Unlike these two flat pack cabinets, Sydney are both mass-manufactured and require custom attention. These ‘DIY’ cabinets need to be assembled. They come in flat packages which contain various parts. Solve the “puzzle” of assembling the cabinet, and you’ll have a cabinet ready to be installed in your kitchen in no time.
Understanding the Popularity of Flat Pack Kitchen Cabinets
Are flat pack cabinets Sydney worth the money? Well, they’re certainly gaining popularity amongst the new breed of homeowners. Here’s why –
- Flexibility – Most flat pack cabinets Sydney come with two size options – the standard size or a variety of custom sizes. Most homeowners opt for standard-sized flat pack kitchen cabinets as they’re cheaper. But, the costlier option of having them custom made is also available.
- Easy to Assemble – All the functional partitions that come in the ‘DIY’ package are very easy to operate. The instructional manuals that come inside the packages contain a lot of pictures and are very easy to follow. Even one person can assemble a flat pack kitchen cabinet without requiring any complex tools.
- Options – While shopping for flat pack cabinets Sydney, shoppers get to decide what type of features they’d like in their cabinets. They can opt for cabinets made of materials that suit their kitchen’s décor. They can also add new storage features to their remodelled kitchen by selecting a space-efficient flat pack cabinet.
- Learning Experience – Most people involve themselves in DIY furniture assembly projects as these experiences equip them with valuable tools and information. For such DIY project enthusiasts, these cabinets offer the perfect learning opportunity. A person who can assemble these cabinets and likes using them will never have to worry about buying kitchen cabinets ever again!
- Cost-Effective – Flat pack cabinets may not be as durable as timber cabinets or custom-made steel cabinets, but they last for long periods with proper care. They’re designed to withstand the weights of heavy kitchen appliances, tools, accessories. So, homeowners who opt for these cabinets looking to save money end up with long-lasting cabinetry solutions for far lower prices than their rigid counterparts.
Potential Disadvantages of Buying Flatpack Kitchens in Australia
Now, let’s assess the potential setbacks or risks of investing in flat pack cabinets Sydney –
- Many homeowners, especially the elderly, struggle to assemble the flatpack sets.
- Small mistakes like following certain instructions can lead to ugly looking kitchen cabinets. If the set is damaged during assembly, buying another one is the only solution as these low-cost cabinets are usually irreparable.
- Unlike custom cabinets that feature precise details and classy designs, flatpack sets look quite basic. Don’t expect them to make your kitchen look neater or more stylish.
Overall, flat pack kitchen cupboards and cabinets are decent cost-saving items. But they’re not perfect.